Like many others on planet.gnome, it seems I also don't feel like posting much on my blog any more since I post almost all major events of my life on social media (or SOME, as its for some reason now known as in Finland). To be honest, the thought usually doesn't even occur to me anymore. :( Well, anyway! Here is a brief of what's been up for the last many months:
- Got divorced. Yeah, not nice at all but life goes on! At least I got to keep my lovely cat.
- Its been almost an year (14 days less) that I moved to London. In a way it was good that I was in a new city at the time of divorce as its an opportunity to start a new life. I made some cool new friends, mostly the GNOME gang in here.
London has its quirks but over all I'm pretty happy to be living here. One big issue is that most of my friends are in Finland so I miss them very much. Hopefully, in time I'll also make a lot more friends in London and also my friends from Finland will visit me too.
The best thing about London is the weather! No, I'm not joking at all. Not only its a big improvement when compared to Helsinki, the rumours about "Its always raining in London" are greatly (I can't stress on this word enough) exaggerated.
- I got my eyes Z-LASIK'ed so no more glasses!
- Started taking:
- Driving lessons. Failed the first driving test today. Having known what I did wrong, I'm sure I wont repeat the same mistakes again next time and will pass.
- Helicopter flying lessons. Yes! I'm not joking. I grew up watching Airwolf and ever since then I've been fascinated by helicopters and wanted to fly them but never got around to doing it. Its very expensive, as you'd imagine so I'm only taking two lessons a month. With this pace, I should be have my PPL(H) by end of 2015.
Turns out that I'm very good at one thing that most people find very challenging to master: Hovering. The rest isn't hard either in practice. Theory is the biggest challenge for me. Here is the video recording of the 15 mins trial lesson I started with.