Rygel 0.4.2 (Thank God It's Friday, Again)

I always forget to announce the micro releases here. Here it is now:

Brief summary of changes since 0.4.1:

- Ability to specify verbosity of console messages by a number between 0 to 5.
- Be able to survive unavailability of D-Bus session bus. This should make it easier to setup Rygel on headless NAS machines.
- MediaExport:
 - Provide duration and date of media.
 - Improved guessing for type (UPnP class) of media.
 - Re-harvest metadata when a file/directory is modified.
 - Speed-up browsing (twice as before).
- rygel-preferences:
 - Fix enabling/disabling of widgets.
 - Copy the desktop file from correct location.
- Mediathek and GstLaunch disabled by default in the user configuration.
- Add GstLaunch to maemo configuration (disabled by default though).
- Put dbus-glib-1 to the list of vala API dependencies.
- Fix seek headers.
- Be more verbose at the end of configure.

Bugs fixed in this release:

596500 - Mpeg TS video files are mistaken for audio files
596213 - Wrong state for checkboxes
596327 - Enables some weird plugins by default
596330 - Missing some metadata

All contributors to this release:

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) 
Jens Georg 

Download source tarball from here

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love the Farscape references!
Robert Hsu said…
Dear Coder:
Excuse me , I'm from Taiwan and I'm not good in English. I hope you can understand the question that what I want to explain.

We got a problem to use gupnp in php under windows system. And I have no idea for how to install glib-2.0, gssdp-1.0, libsoup-2.4 and gupnp under windows.

Would you please tell me how to use gupnp in windows or it can't use in windows yet ?

Sorry , I don't know to say thank you in English.But thank you a lot
Best regard
Robert
Jens said…
Hi Robert,

there is experimental support for windows available at my github repository. I put together a page explaining on how to compile gupnp et al on windows here:

http://jensge.org/gupnp-on-win32/

This is based on msys 1.0.10, so some of the updates may not be necessary any more. Feel free to contagt me if you have any questions.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the virtual world!

clutter-gst

zbus and Implementing Async Rust API